The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Maresca makes perfect sense for Chelsea.

They want their own Pep to copy what Man City do/have done. It's already been said they want a manager who will focus on possession football, they want to dominate games and control the play as Pep's Man City do.

Maresca has shown he can do that.

Maresca's weakness shown during this season with us was finding a Plan B, trying something different, and turning it around (which he of course did in the end).

That doesn't matter to Chelsea - when the going gets tough, they will just sack the manager anyway rather than giving them time.

So if Maresca goes there, he'll give Boehly exactly what he wants until he doesn't, and then he'll be out the door soon after with a big pay off like the swarm of Chelsea managers before him.

If he did go there, have to stop him from coming back for Mads.
He won't have a single say in any player recruitment if he goes to that basket case of a club

Leicester City are plotting a move for Feyenoord and Slovakia centre-back David Hancko, 26, as they prepare to return to the Premier League next season. (Mail on Sunday)

I mean I'm no sean from enderby but I'm hearing KDH to Villla. Could be true could be bullshit.

I mean I'm no sean from enderby but I'm hearing KDH to Villla. Could be true could be bullshit.

Be very surprised if that happens - already got a very good midfield and are about to sign Barkley as well

If Bert and Indykalia aren’t saying it, it ain’t happening

Be very surprised if that happens - already got a very good midfield and are about to sign Barkley as well

If Bert and Indykalia aren’t saying it, it ain’t happening
They're also after Conor Gallagher. Squinting, I can see KDH being the back up if they don't get that target

Makes me laugh how Barkley is all of a sudden considered a top PL player.

It’s reference to the T shirt he wore on the last day.
If you didn’t know it said we’d miss him when he’s gone .
Not my own thoughts!
Keep up

It’s reference to the T shirt he wore on the last day.
If you didn’t know it said we’d miss him when he’s gone .
Not my own thoughts!
Keep up
Erm.... I got the reference. I think maybe you should just relax a little.

West Ham and Leicester City have met with representatives of Juventus' Argentine forward Matias Soule, 21, in London. From the BBC.

Last season was loaned to Frosinone. During the first half of the 2023–24 campaign, he managed to accomplish the most successful dribbles in the top European competitions. He finished his loan season as top scorer for the club with 11 goals, and the player with most dribbles won in Serie A in 102 seasons.

^ Stolen from Wikipedia

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664