Portsmouth Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes back to the late 40s at least to my certain knowledge.

But what is football if it is not about the rivalry. As rivalry dies, so does football - but nobody seems to care.

We always had running battles with them in the 70's too. Worse than Cov they are!

We always had running battles with them in the 70's too. Worse than Cov they are!

Yes - I remember the pre-season friendly - 1969, I think. Everything happened that day. First bus crashed through a wall into a car-park after getting stuck up a cul-de-sac. Second one caught fire and we finished up hitching into Portsmouth. Then afterwards a lot of chasing and being chased; shinning over a 7 foot wall; getting a ride in a police van. And then yet another bus getting pulled over by the police over the small matter of thieving of food at a service area somewhere in Oxfordshire.

why so?

If it was any of 90 other teams in the FL I'd be sympathetic

I'm really sorry i can't bring myself to celebrate a ''similar'' stature club to ours going to the wall...now if it were Chelsea or Man City...streaking would be in order.

Schadenfreude, while incredibly difficult to spell, is also one of the worst ways to enjoy yourself.

While I think Portsmouth is a shit club, with a shit ground, and shit players, I wouldn't really wish bankruptcy on any football clubs fans.

Clubs are circling the drain with alarming frequency at this point. House of cards innit? Seems inevitable that a few clubs will sink sooner than later. Liverpool, for example, could be propah f**ked if they don't finish in the top 4.

Everything happened that day. First bus crashed through a wall into a car-park after getting stuck up a cul-de-sac. Second one caught fire and we finished up hitching into Portsmouth. Then afterwards a lot of chasing and being chased; shinning over a 7 foot wall; getting a ride in a police van. And then yet another bus getting pulled over by the police over the small matter of thieving of food at a service area somewhere in Oxfordshire.

Twas the finest wedding reception ever seen - and you're still married after all this years

I really can't believe that this is a matter for celebration.

It isn't, Boc. While I do hold a deep hatred of Portsmouth (which I can explain), I've no wish to see any club, be it Premiership or Step 7, cease to exist. It was tongue-in-cheek, and I'd be very surprised if a club that size was allowed to just go out of business.

It isn't, Boc. While I do hold a deep hatred of Portsmouth (which I can explain), I've no wish to see any club, be it Premiership or Step 7, cease to exist. It was tongue-in-cheek, and I'd be very surprised if a club that size was allowed to just go out of business.
I would love to see them fold, why should I be bothered?

I too have had a strong dislike for them since we got promoted together and they beat us to the title (not old enough to remember games with them in the 70s/early 90s), then the following season we played them in the Prem and they had a ratty 11 year old who was the biggest twat I have ever seen in my life. Also how the press creams over their "amazing" fans and their ****ing wanker bell-end ringer.

They're one of a select 3 or 4 sides I wouldn't mind seeing wiped off the face of the earth.

Last edited:
I too have had a strong dislike for them since we got promoted together and they beat us to the title (not old enough to remember games with them in the 70s/early 90s), then the following season we played them in the Prem and they had a ratty 11 year old who was the biggest twat I have ever seen in my life. Also how the press creams over their "amazing" fans and their ****ing wanker bell-end ringer.

They're one of a select 3 or 4 sides I wouldn't mind seeing wiped off the face of the earth.
Poetic words there PR................:038::038::038::038:
I had a tear in my eye

I don't like them, which comes from when I used to live down that way...

But even so, wouldn't like to see them go bankrupt..

I don't like Pompey as a team but its a good away day. I went the year we got relegated from the prem and stayed over in the isle of wight. Have some wankerish fans but also some ok one's.

Walked into a pub round the corner from the ground not realising it was where the hooligans drank. Needless to say we supped up pretty sharpish and moved onto another less than 100 yards away and they welcomed us with open arms and we had a right laugh with them and stayed drinking with them until the early hours with not 1 hint of trouble.

Going, Going,Going

I hope its not too far away when I can add GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669