Out of Contract Players

M17TT C

Praet the first one to officially confirm he will be leaving:

No great loss really, showed moments of quality but way too infrequently and lacked the pace required at PL level.

Wish him well though as he didn't seem to cause a fuss and seemed a well liked member of the squad.

Hopefully we should be able to use his freed up wages to bring in someone who can have more of an impact.

Did no research on us before joining, other than watching the second half of a friendly against Atalanta (the one that we didn't have floodlights for?) and decided to join. Suggests the money was too good to care.

“When I heard about the interest from Leicester in me, it was important for me to see how they played because I didn’t know exactly. At that moment I was on the coach with Sampdoria, we were driving to a friendly game and I watched the second half of Leicester v Atalanta,” says Praet, smiling at the thought.

“I know Atalanta from Italy – they’re a really good team. But I was really surprised by the way Leicester were playing – with a really high press, really nice football, a lot of chances. At that moment I was sold. Of course after that, when it was really getting serious, I spoke with Youri about: ‘How is the gaffer? How is the training centre? How are the players?’ And he was so positive.”

I wonder how he reflects on those initial impressions.

Waste of time. 3 good passes or summat but let's be honest, he's been shit since day one.

I remember some folk arguing that he was the best midfielder at the club..... Even if Harry Worked was still here and playing in midfield, that still wouldn't be true.

Waste of time. 3 good passes or summat but let's be honest, he's been shit since day one.

I remember some folk arguing that he was the best midfielder at the club..... Even if Harry Worked was still here and playing in midfield, that still wouldn't be true.

??

IMG_0491.jpeg

🇳🇬Kelechi Iheanacho Rejects Leicester’s £65k Weekly Offer

Super Eagles and Leicester City striker, Kelechi Iheanacho, has rejected a new deal from the club amidst interest from Unai Emery’s Aston Villa, Soccernet.ng reports.

The 27-year-old striker has been subjected to just ten league starts in the EFL Championships this season, with Enzo Maresca preferring Zambian Patson Daka to lead the line for the Foxes.

Offering Nacho a new contract would be utterly insane, even by Rudkin standards.
Just to play devils advocate.

On paper, Nacho is a striker who has scored plenty of goals, played premier league football most of his career, is available for “free” and is in the prime from an age perspective. If he did re-sign his amortization would be very low so if we ever sold him, it would be for a profit.

Signing a player with the above credentials for a reasonable price is not easy.

The reality, however, is that his race is run at Leicester, Enzo doesn’t really rate him and he would never be our first choice.

Godspeed Nachoman.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664