City announce Season Ticket rises for 2024/25

There are some matches that I can’t get to. If I have a card I can give it to someone else to use for those games. I can’t do that with my phone so I’ll be sticking with a card for this reason. Not because I struggle with the technology.

There are some matches that I can’t get to. If I have a card I can give it to someone else to use for those games. I can’t do that with my phone so I’ll be sticking with a card for this reason. Not because I struggle with the technology.
Same here. I live in West Somerset so come to weekend matches but usually skip midweek evening games, because I don't like getting home at 2 a.m. A friend uses my ticket when I can't go. Maybe the club are trying to stop people sharing tickets.

Same here. I live in West Somerset so come to weekend matches but usually skip midweek evening games, because I don't like getting home at 2 a.m. A friend uses my ticket when I can't go. Maybe the club are trying to stop people sharing tickets.
Its actually far easier to share your ticket using the mobile option.

Select the QR code version of the ticket. Screen shot it and send to a friend via WhatsApp or any other preference.

I always have my wallet with me.
But sometimes my phone battery dies - then what do I do?

Exactly. Mate has son in merchant navy who uses his ticket when home on leave. Also I sit with my sister who often can’t make it and lets my son use it. That’s an extra £50 the club will make from them both.

"On matchdays, the Club has and will continue to have Matchday staff on-hand to prompt supporters on approach to the stadium and to resolve any technical issues experienced (including portable chargers in the event your phone battery runs out!)."

I haven't used a card or cash to pay for anything other than petrol for years, I use my phone for everything - to pay for stuff, for train tickets, bus tickets etc. I rarely take a wallet out with me these days.
I've never not been able to pay for something because of a flat phone battery.

Union FS have released a statement regarding physical ticket charges...

"On matchdays, the Club has and will continue to have Matchday staff on-hand to prompt supporters on approach to the stadium and to resolve any technical issues experienced (including portable chargers in the event your phone battery runs out!)."

I haven't used a card or cash to pay for anything other than petrol for years, I use my phone for everything - to pay for stuff, for train tickets, bus tickets etc. I rarely take a wallet out with me these days.
I've never not been able to pay for something because of a flat phone battery.
I am pretty sure that wallet works even when your battery is flat on an iphone.

You’re going to a football match. You know you need to use your phone to get access to the ground.
I’m pretty sure that having charge in your phone battery will be sorted well before you get to the ground.

Superb statement by Union FS

The dickless Foxes Trust will come out with something in a month or so, saying they will be providing a very robust challenge when they next meet the Club,in August or summat

Bunch of ****s

Superb statement by Union FS

The dickless Foxes Trust will come out with something in a month or so, saying they will be providing a very robust challenge when they next meet the Club,in August or summat

Bunch of ****s

I don't understand how getting a phone out, opening the wallet, finding the right option and then using it is any faster than simply getting a car out and holding it in a turnstile, but I can definitely see that it's easier to forget - most people always have their phones on them - and remove the admin of having to print temporary tickets.

My opinion with trying to get people to adopt new technology is always to try the stick before the carrot. How different does this look;

"The club is committed to improving fan experience, so any fan choosing the digital wallet option will receive a £25 discount on their season ticket"?
How is the 7,000 figure wrong when the club quoted that figure in their info for season ticket renewals

How is the 7,000 figure wrong when the club quoted that figure in their info for season ticket renewals

I was going to say similar to this. But given the club are clearly pretty shit with numbers....

Last season my mate, forget to click that he wanted a card rather than a mobile ticket when he renewed. He contacted the club and that charged him £10 for a new card. So how are they £25 now, that’s some price increase.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563