Season Tickets 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve not renewed, I’m just not excited by football these days.

I love Leicester to death but I just can’t buy into the Premier League anymore.

Newcastle now added to the list of teams I won’t watch… just can’t get behind it. Hopefully soon there’s some kind of reform or seismic event like the ESL clubs and Newcastle **** off to form their own league or something.

There’s a break in the season for a World Cup in Qatar for ****s sake, I can’t be a part of it while it’s like this. It’s meant to be entertaining, fun and an escape but I just look at the sport now and see nothing but utterly reprehensible people and morals.

I’ve not renewed, I’m just not excited by football these days.

I love Leicester to death but I just can’t buy into the Premier League anymore.

Newcastle now added to the list of teams I won’t watch… just can’t get behind it. Hopefully soon there’s some kind of reform or seismic event like the ESL clubs and Newcastle **** off to form their own league or something.

There’s a break in the season for a World Cup in Qatar for ****s sake, I can’t be a part of it while it’s like this. It’s meant to be entertaining, fun and an escape but I just look at the sport now and see nothing but utterly reprehensible people and morals.
I get all that, but I still go for the social side of things. Going to the game with my dad, or brothers, or friends, or kids, is all about the day. I’m not saying the game itself isn’t important, but it’s about more than that. If it wasn’t, I probably wouldn’t be a Leicester fan, I’d be supporting a glory team.

I get all that, but I still go for the social side of things. Going to the game with my dad, or brothers, or friends, or kids, is all about the day. I’m not saying the game itself isn’t important, but it’s about more than that. If it wasn’t, I probably wouldn’t be a Leicester fan, I’d be supporting a glory team.
Absolutely, I’m the same as you. If my dad hadn’t started taking me to Filbo I’d have missed out on 20 years of amazing memories. The social side of things is good, it’s definitely the main thing that brought me and my dad close… I’ve got my first kid on the way in the next few weeks and I’d love to share something like that with him… but the way I feel about football now, I don’t think it will be that.

Personally I only went to about 10 games last season including cup games, I just can’t get up for it and replaced it with other ways to see family and mates.

If the match day experience was more enjoyable then maybe I’d shell out again but that’s samey and bland now too. I just don’t feel like giving the club my money or paying for Sky etc. It’s been getting me a bit down to be honest because I wish it wasn’t like that.

Absolutely, I’m the same as you. If my dad hadn’t started taking me to Filbo I’d have missed out on 20 years of amazing memories. The social side of things is good, it’s definitely the main thing that brought me and my dad close… I’ve got my first kid on the way in the next few weeks and I’d love to share something like that with him… but the way I feel about football now, I don’t think it will be that.

Personally I only went to about 10 games last season including cup games, I just can’t get up for it and replaced it with other ways to see family and mates.

If the match day experience was more enjoyable then maybe I’d shell out again but that’s samey and bland now too. I just don’t feel like giving the club my money or paying for Sky etc. It’s been getting me a bit down to be honest because I wish it wasn’t like that.
I don’t really watch it on TV any more, so I know where you’re coming from. I had a patch when my eldest was born where I didn’t go much, but when she got to 4 years old I started taking her there a bit and it started again from there, so I get what you mean.

Have much sympathy there. I miss having a season ticket but I'm watching less of Football than before. The forward pass thing most teams have taken from rugby is my biggest grief. Ownership etc is grim, but it has been for a long time. Entertainment quality is just dire since the pissing about at the back and sideways shit started being fashion.

I don’t really watch it on TV any more, so I know where you’re coming from. I had a patch when my eldest was born where I didn’t go much, but when she got to 4 years old I started taking her there a bit and it started again from there, so I get what you mean.
My old man has already told me that he’ll be picking up the slack there. No danger of the LCFC torch not being passed on in my family!

Maybe I’ll change my tune, it’s just been a slow realisation that while I absolutely adore the club with all of my heart and treasure it as something that at its best has genuinely dragged me from the depths of depression in the past, I just really don’t like much about football at the minute.

Like fitz fitz says too, most football is a ****ing boring watch these days too.

My old man has already told me that he’ll be picking up the slack there. No danger of the LCFC torch not being passed on in my family!

Maybe I’ll change my tune, it’s just been a slow realisation that while I absolutely adore the club with all of my heart and treasure it as something that at its best has genuinely dragged me from the depths of depression in the past, I just really don’t like much about football at the minute.

Like fitz fitz says too, most football is a ****ing boring watch these days too.
Yeah but when you’ve got other things going on in your life, it’s pretty natural that it would become less important anyway. I don’t enjoy it in the same way as when I used to go in the Spion Kop with my mates as a teenager, but in a different way.

My local team finished 17th in the Leicestershire Senior League last season. Conceded 120 goals. Tempting…

View attachment 16904
The league is a shadow of its former self, though. Pretty much none of those clubs were in the Senior League when I was playing in it (and I’m not that old), those that were have moved up the ladder. Saturday football isn’t what it once was, though and that’s not just locally.

The league is a shadow of its former self, though. Pretty much none of those clubs were in the Senior League when I was playing in it (and I’m not that old), those that were have moved up the ladder. Saturday football isn’t what it once was, though and that’s not just locally.
Yeah. The FA seem to be constantly adding new leagues higher up the pyramid and it does nothing but dilute the quality all the way down.

I share the sentiment of many on here. The league we're in now - lovely as it is - has almost no connection to the average person on the street.

I was lucky enough to play 5 a side the other week at Seagrave and get a short tour as part of LCFC in the community. The training ground is incredible but there was a serious sense of inequality when the meeting ended with us struggling to find a quality pitch to play on anywhere over the winter.

It seems mad that our local football club has 5 pitches for the first team, but there is nowhere decent locally to even get into the game if you're more of a casual player.

The World Cup has hammered that home. That game at the top table has nothing to do with football as the game we recognise any more.

at its best has genuinely dragged me from the depths of depression in the past
It certainly isn't doing that at the moment. Just one of the many things that brought some joy and distraction becoming more and more exploitative and meaningless with each year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363