Pre Match Leicester Vs West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please our fans turned on Ricardo because he replaced Chris Weald who was popular, if you don’t think part of the reason Chilwell gets so much abuse is because he replaced Fuchs you are lying to yourself, who ever finally replaces Vardy is destined to fail and be abused massively

Oh please our fans turned on Ricardo because he replaced Chris Weald who was popular, if you don’t think part of the reason Chilwell gets so much abuse is because he replaced Fuchs you are lying to yourself, who ever finally replaces Vardy is destined to fail and be abused massively
The way some turned on Ricardo (the keeper) was one of the most disappointing and pathetic display from our own “supporters” that I’ve ever witnessed.
Whoever they were should really be ashamed of themselves, but I guess they don’t give a shit

The way some turned on Ricardo (the keeper) was one of the most disappointing and pathetic display from our own “supporters” that I’ve ever witnessed.
Whoever they were should really be ashamed of themselves, but I guess they don’t give a shit
True they won’t care and won’t even admit they did wrong.

but I firmly believe had there been another player between Fuchs and Chilwell the latter would get a far easier time and would probably be amongst our most popular players

Our tactics are pretty simple if you watch, at least how it is supposed to work. The forwards (Barnes Perez) are asked to press high, but not track runners, they use their energy pressing and get into position for counters. Our central midfielders are the next wave in the press and should help out wide if they can.

We deliberately leave our full backs exposed to be stronger in attack. The benefits out weigh the risks most of the time, which is why so many teams are now doing the same. Chilwell may not be the best defender but he looks worse when he is being overloaded, in that sense he is taking one for the team. We certainly missed his attacking play against Burnley.

Recent tiredness has meant we haven't had as much possession, and our pressing has been weak which means the full backs are getting exposed even more often.

If we don't have the energy to press and dominate possession then perhaps we could look at protecting the full backs, but this would make us weaker elsewhere.

We have tried the extra defender and we have tried the diamond midfield, both provide more cover for the full backs and were defensively solid but we lacked movement in attack and didn't create much.

By way of further analysis, to state it as simply as possible we defend with six and attack with six. Tielemans and the full backs are expected to contribute to both phases so it's no surprise that tiredness has been an issue for them over the hectic schedule.

Moyes will have us well and truly worked out tonight, I expect them to fully exploit how easy we are to play against.

The crowd will be moaning and jeering after 20 minutes which will further destroy the players confidence.

If you say so....

Personally I’m frustrated by Chilwell, I wouldn’t go as far in criticising him as some do on here but then having a good moan is part of being on the forum. I’m sure the posters that do criticise him are well balanced enough humans to not tweet abuse directly at him or boo him from the stands. I have to say your Fuchs theory sounds like bollocks to me, with all due respect.

Moyes will have us well and truly worked out tonight, I expect them to fully exploit how easy we are to play against.

The crowd will be moaning and jeering after 20 minutes which will further destroy the players confidence.

Gives us 24 hours to come up with something he won’t expect then...

Don't be so childish. This is complete and utter stool water of the loosest kind. How many years does Chilwell have to underperform for before we can start to say that it is him rather than the nasty bullies in the crowd hurting his feelings because he doesn't fit in...? Get a grip.

It's interesting how many teams focus on attacking us down our left hand side.

They clearly feel that they will get results by targeting Chilwell, and they are correct.

Man City have scouted him closely and they are team that destroyed him the most.

If you say so....

Personally I’m frustrated by Chilwell, I wouldn’t go as far in criticising him as some do on here but then having a good moan is part of being on the forum. I’m sure the posters that do criticise him are well balanced enough humans to not tweet abuse directly at him or boo him from the stands. I have to say your Fuchs theory sounds like bollocks to me, with all due respect.
Exactly. This sums up being part of a forum for me. I am very vehement in my criticism of Chilwell and perhaps too much so at times but that's why I do it here. I don't shout abuse at him when I am at the match or make overtly personal comments to or about him. He frustrates the tits off me and perhaps he wouldn't if we hadn't seen what he can do when he really thinks about his game properly.

Ah so running far is the key. Ian Hume anyone? That's a meaningless statistic. I'm pretty fit and could run a fair few miles in 90 minutes, does that make me a PL footballer? Age and inexperience have been used as excuses for his failure to improve defensively for at least 3 years now and it's tiresome. He may be a great player for all I know but we just aren't seeing it here, especially when it comes to defending. Do you imagine we'd be any worse off if he weren't in our squad? I honestly don't think we would.

So he's done far worse, far many times but you couldn't even give one example when questioned?

And why then try and make it so simplistic? I never said it was just about running and distance covered is most certainly not a meaningful statistic - someone who covers the best part of 400km a season is likely to be a lot more knackered than someone who only covers 100km.

Further to this, Chilwell, up until now, barley misses any matches and is rarely substituted so fatigue is likely cause of his downturn in form.

If he was a poor as you suggest, how did we have such a good defensive record, up until now, with him the team? Or how has he become the first choice for the national team? Or why is he continually linked with the biggest clubs in the country?

And yes, if he wasn't in our squad then I think we are massively less of a threat going forward (as proven on Sunday) and we are also no better defensively (again, as proven on Sunday).

So people are criticising Chilwell's recent performances because they're still in love with Christian Fuchs????

Holy shit, I've heard everything now

It's interesting how many teams focus on attacking us down our left hand side.

They clearly feel that they will get results by targeting Chilwell, and they are correct.

Man City have scouted him closely and they are team that destroyed him the most.

I've always assumed that is so as most teams' right wingers are better players than their left wingers

Fuchs was directly involved with both goals conceded on Sunday.

For the first he simply stood and watched as the ball sailed over his head and allowed Wood to run in behind him and tap in the rebound.

For the second he did what all school children are taught not to do and turned his back when approaching an opposition player about to shoot.

He could have stopped both goals with more accomplished defending.

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Neil Davies.
Fourth official: Jarred Gillett.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Neil Davies.
Fourth official: Jarred Gillett.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.
Coote also did the away game last month.

So he's done far worse, far many times but you couldn't even give one example when questioned?

And why then try and make it so simplistic? I never said it was just about running and distance covered is most certainly not a meaningful statistic - someone who covers the best part of 400km a season is likely to be a lot more knackered than someone who only covers 100km.

Further to this, Chilwell, up until now, barley misses any matches and is rarely substituted so fatigue is likely cause of his downturn in form.

If he was a poor as you suggest, how did we have such a good defensive record, up until now, with him the team? Or how has he become the first choice for the national team? Or why is he continually linked with the biggest clubs in the country?

And yes, if he wasn't in our squad then I think we are massively less of a threat going forward (as proven on Sunday) and we are also no better defensively (again, as proven on Sunday).
I don't need to point you to an exact example. He's been absolutely woeful for the majority of the last 3 seasons. As for our defensive record, it's not been that great over the previous seasons he's played so that paradigm is nonsense. We were no worse going forward against Burnley than we had been against Norwich, Southampton, Manchester City or Liverpool. Once again, I can point you to numerous players that cover huge distances every season and remain great throughout. I can point you to others who cover the same huge distances and are as useful as a stitched up fanny. ****ing hell, if we are using his ickle bickle tired legs as an excuse where the bollock do we go when, like this season, his first few games are horse shit as well?

Can we just agree that you think he's great and I don't and leave it there? Let's concentrate on the West Ham game and how the hell we are going to approach this one. We can reignight the debate when he backs out of a challenge, dangles a leg out or misses a header at the back post for their inevitable goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263